Benefits of Cooking in the Egg
- The Big Green Egg offers unmatched cooking flexibility –
the EGG® is a grill, a smoker and an oven.
- Space-age ceramics and double-wall construction make
the Big Green Egg durable and fuel efficient.
- Natural lump charcoal gives your food amazing flavor.
- Choice of five sizes to accommodate everyone’s needs.
- A 34-year history of dependable customer service makes
it easy to get answers to your questions.
- Our helpful website provides recipes, cooking tips and an
active user’s forum.
- With a lifetime warranty on ceramic parts, the EGG won’t
clog the waste stream like metal grills that are discarded
after a few years. Ceramics won’t rust like metal grills.
- With the use of the Plate Setter, you can cook “indirect”
without sacrificing cooking space.
- Dozens of EGGcessories designed especially for the Big
Green Egg make your cooking even more foolproof. Specialty
grids and extended racks offer great versatility.
- You can cook in the EGG year around, even in rain or freezing temperatures.
- Low, even temperature ensures moist, “Pit BBQ-tender” smoked foods.
- The Big Green Egg cooks hotter than a gas grill; 750 degree heat produces steakhouse searing.
- Meat, fish, poultry, veggies & fruit – the EGG does them all effortlessly.
- Bakes better than a brick oven – pizza, bread and even desserts.
- The ceramic surface stays cooler than metal grills, so it is safer
around children and pets.
- The EGG is ready for you to start cooking in minutes with no
lighter fluid used.
- The EGG maintains precise temperature to within a few
degrees simply by adjusting the top and bottom vents.
- The baked on exterior glaze maintains its good looks and
readily wipes clean with a damp cloth. Clean up is effortless;
the EGG cleans itself like a self-cleaning oven.
- Lump charcoal produces little ash, eliminating the need to
empty out ash after each barbecue.
- You can cook for hours without adding more charcoal.
Unburned charcoal can be saved for the next cookout simply
by closing the vents to snuff out the fire, saving you money!